In today's challenging economic climate, it's more important than ever to be mindful of how you spend your money. Here are some tips to help you save money when buying luminarias:
1. Invest in FLIC Luminaries - While they may cost slightly more than other options, FLIC luminaries are built to last. In fact, our luminarias come with the only factory warranty in the industry, a 10-year guarantee. Our industry-protected polymer formula ensures that they can withstand the elements, whether it's heat or cold, rain or snow. We even have examples of our luminaries that are still in use after 22 years!
2. Promote FLIC Luminaries - By promoting our luminarias in your neighborhood, you can save 20% on your purchases and help spread beautiful light throughout your community. Visit our HOA neighborhood website and sign up your neighborhood to create a custom ordering webpage. Then, spread the word through Facebook, Nextdoor, door-to-door information, phone calls, and face-to-face promotion. Imagine your entire neighborhood illuminated with FLIC luminaries! You most-likely don't need your HOA behind your desire to spread luminarias, but if possible, promoting through your HOA is advised.
3. Earn FREE SHIPPING - When your order totals $100 or more, we offer free shipping. We ship most orders via UPS and shipping fees usually run between $10 to $25. Why pay UPS when you can receive that savings in products?
4. Opt for LED Bulbs - If you choose to light your luminaries with our light strings, we recommend purchasing our LED C7 bulbs or our newly-offered LED FLAME bulbs. These bulbs last much longer than traditional incandescent bulbs and use less energy, helping you save money in the long run. Additionally, if you plan on connecting more than 4 12-socket light strings end-to-end, the low-current LED bulbs will prevent damage to your light strings and avoid potential fire or electrocution hazards.
5. Buy LED Tea Lights with Timers - If you plan on using our LED tea lights in your luminarias, consider buying the timer versions (standard or XtraBrite). These LED tea lights look the same as the non-timer version, but they stay on for 5 hours and then power down for 19 hours, cycling on this schedule. This not only saves you the hassle of manually turning them on and off, but also ensures that you don't forget to turn them off. To extend the life of your LED tea lights, place them in a Ziploc snack bag to keep water out, and be sure to purchase extra batteries as they tend to last around 40 hours.