12 Brown Solid, Hard-Plastic Luminaries. Select your lighting source to complete your set.
Bulk purchases save up to 25% or illuminate your entire neighborhood and save!
APPRECIATION SALE: 10% off today!
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OF $100!
We have NO PRICE INCREASES this year!
Bulk purchases save up to 25% or illuminate your entire neighborhood and save!
Built for residential and commercial use, outdoors and indoors. Perfect for Christmas decor, adobe lighting, wedding events, business promotions, botanical gardens and more!
FLIC Luminaria lantern Sets:
SIZE & LENGTH: Each luminary lantern is 9-inches tall, 6-inches wide and 4-inches deep. For customers buying lights strings; they are 36-feet long, 12 sockets with 3-feet between each socket. One light string per set of 12 luminaries and can be strung end-to-end for up to 4 sets per string circuit.
LIGHT SOURCE OPTIONS:
1. No Light Source - Our luminarias are designed for general use. If you have your own tealights, candles or C7 light strings, you can use them with our luminaries. If using candles, we advise some kind of candle holder and always monitor while in use.
2. Candles & Holders - Our first, and most-traditional source of lighting. 12 candles and 12 holders come with each set of 12 luminaries. PROS: Nice flickering candle light. No electric cords involved. Candles last approximately 8 hours. CONS: Risk of fire and requires constant attention when in use. Requires cleaning of holders on a regular basis.
3. Citronella Candles & Holders - A popular selection for summer when used near people. 12 citronella candles and 12 holders come with each set of 12 luminaries. PROS: Citronella scent helps repel mosquitos and insects. Nice flickering candle light. No electric cords involved. Candles last approximately 12 hours. CONS: Risk of fire and requires constant attention when in use. Citronella scent is not popular with all people. Requires cleaning of holders on a regular basis.
4. Electric Light Strings - Our most-popular light source. Available in green or white color. 12-socket light strings with 36-inches between sockets, 36-feet in total length. Comes with 13 standard clear C7 bulbs (one extra bulb!). PROS: Our brightest option. Convenient on/off at one location. Versatile bulb possibilities. CONS: electric cord between luminaries. Requires 110-volt outlet nearby.
5. LED Tealights with Timers - Our second most-popular light source. 12 individual tealights to match set of 12 luminaries. No more having to turn your tea lights on an off every evening! Simply turn them on once (at the time you want them to come on every evening) and they will stay on for 5 hours and then will automatically shut off for 19 hours. It will continue this same timing sequence every following evening. All you have to do is turn them on once! PROS: Nice flickering amber light mimics candles. No fire hazard. No electric cords involved. Batteries last approximately 35 hours. CONS: Less brightness than electric light strings. Amber is the warmest tea light color, making our brown luminaries glow with warmth. If you would like a little less warmth and a bit brighter, select the warm white tea light.
LUMINARY STAKES OPTION:
1. With Luminary Stakes - If you intend to use our luminaries outside, it is advised that you consider a method to secure the luminaries to the surface you will place them on. High winds or unlevel surfaces are common situations that will disturb your careful luminary setup. There are 2 easy solutions for securing your luminaries. The easiest method, if you have a penetrable surface, is to also select our luminary stakes that are matched specifically to your luminaries. The other option involves weighing down your luminaries with sand or small pebble stones in the base.
2. No Luminary Stakes - If you plan to use sand or small pebble stones to secure your luminaries no luminary stakes are necessary.
*FLIC Luminaries are the only perfect solution for luminarias installed on parapet walls or rooftops. Learn how to do it HERE!
Buy our luminaries and feel confident you are buying the best luminary lantern offered for decorative lighting!
|Set Quantity||Set of 12 Luminaries|
|Lighting Options||Optional Light String (with Bulbs), LED Tea Lights, Candles & Candle Holders, or No Light Source|
|Secure To Ground||Optional Luminary Stakes|
I started 30 years ago with paper luminaries. Finally, I found plastic luminaries and have tried all the luminary companies. These will be the last I buy because they are the only luminaries engineered and built to last. My only complaint is they should be marketed better so I would have never wasted money on the other plastic luminaries that are horrible. I will be back again this fall to buy more. These are worth investing in so now I'm willing to go "all out" on Christmas lighting because I'm confident these will last every bit of their 10 year warranty. I will also try to get my neighborhood on board so flic can light up our entire neighborhood! I'm very excited about this product!
Dead Simple Install
I'm a long-time happy customer of flic luminaries. I just wanted to challenge something said in these comments. These luminaries are dead simple to install! If you use LED tea lights, all you have to do is lay the tea light in after putting in a stake with your thumb. I use the light strings and they are easy, too. Just screw in the bulb from the top while holding the light string socket up from the bottom and they are done after you stake it. I keep my luminaries and light string attached when I pick them up, simply nest them inside each other. It takes me 10 minutes to install or remove a set of 12 luminaries. I have 5 sets and in less than an hour I'm done setting up or tearing down. Much easier than any other kind of holiday lighting PERIOD!
I'd like to amend my review....
After submitting my review, I did read a lengthy description on the FLIC website that described methods to secure the luminarias to parapet walls, and products that FLIC sells for that purpose. I stand corrected. As I said in my original review, I think FLIC tries to be very helpful and informative. That said, my original observation that SET UP IS VERY TIME CONSUMING stands firm. Some of the suggestions include securing the luminarias to a board, a metal strap or "L" brackets, and then securing the board, metal strap or "L" bracket to your parapet wall....As I said, please be aware that set up can be VERY time consuming....
Things that I like and things that you should be aware of....
What I like:
1. I wanted COMMERCIAL GRADE - these luminarias are much better than cheap, thin plastic bags which get terrible reviews.
2. I very much liked the sales associate that I spoke to - very friendly and informative.
What you should be aware of:
1. Set up is VERY time consuming.
2. The drain holes were not drilled out, so I had to drill them out.
3. They could have been designed better -
First, there is a recess in the bottom for the wire and bulb socket but there is no room for the wire - it's folded and cramed into a space that is just big enough for the bulb socket.
Second, there is a recess in the bottom for the wire to run along the base of the luminaria with a couple of "pinch points" to hold the wire in place. Not only does the wire come out easily, but I had to use a nail punch to shove the wire into the pinch point. Since I don't intend to remove the wire and bulbs every yr. this could have been designed to be more permanent.
Third, because the wire comes out easily, I had to use "GOOP" to try to get the wires to stay in place, which meant extra work and hours of drying time.
Fourth, be VERY CAREFUL when you run the wires, THERE IS A FRONT AND BACK SIDE TO THE LUMINARIAS. The front and back are NOT the same. THERE IS A "T" shape on 1 side and no "T" shape on the other side. I learned this the hard way - I ran the wire, gooped it in place, set them up and my wife asked why some had a "T" illuminated and others did not... I had to redo them so the "T"s all face the same way. I would have preferred if they were "universal" w/o the "T". I understand that paper bags have a seam, but paper bags are easily turned around. These are not....
4. You WILL need to buy rocks and weight the base because the wind will blow them over. Let me explain further. I live in Santa Fe. Luminarias are place on the top of curved parapit walls along the "roof" line. The metal stakes that they sell are only useful if you place the luminarias on soil...It would be nice if FLIC sold something to help you secure the luminaria to a hard surface.
5. In Santa Fe, where I live, MANY businesses and homes set up luminarias along the parapit walls of the pueblo style homes. It's a beautiful sight. They all have a wonderful orange glow. Unfortunately, the brown luminarias, which have the traditional brown color by day, are a faded tan when lit with white bulbs. They lack the Santa Fe orange color. So, I bought orange bulbs for an extra $65, and now they look great. It would be really nice if FLIC sold orange bulbs as well as the white bulbs.
So, I like the luminarias, and they look great but as I said, set up is a LOT of work.
Perfect for Adobe Homes!
We are thrilled to finally find these luminaries. This is the only real choice out there for mounting them on adobe homes. They are solid, one piece, and rugged build... all the other plastic luminaries are junk that only last one or two years tops. Invest a few pennies more and get the real deal. I have no doubt these will last 10 years. Thank you, flic luminaries, for offering such a killer product! I will continue to buy more and will pass the word to others in my Arizona neighborhood.
You won't regret it! Ships fast and has real support.
No wonder they have a 10 year guarantee... they are extremely solid. I received my order in less than a week, too. Will buy more soon.
This is the only solid luminarias available. I've shopped them all. We bought for our home and business. Still haven't worn any out and our first luminarias were bought 15 years ago. So rare to find anything made to last. These are the exception. Try them out and you will come back and buy more. Great investment! The real name is farolitos!
Heavy duty product. Should last. I didn't give 5 stars because the box arrived damaged though the lights were fine. I'd order more someday.
Perfect for adobe homes!
I bought these last year and installed them on my adobe home. They are beautiful and the perfect option for luminarias on southwestern homes! I'm finally commenting because I'm back to buy more!
Beautiful and Realistic
I saw these first last December at the Parks Legado Shopping Center. They look so beautiful and so realistic in resembling the original paper bag luminaria. So I've made my first purchase for my adobe home and plan to install them on my rooftop. Thank you, Dave, for coaching me on the different options for a rooftop installation!
Two thumbs up!
I'm surprised I don't see these more often in Santa Fe. Hope my neighbors take notice! Thanks for the great products.
Very Satisfied Customer
I am very satisfied with this product. They are made well and can be put up with ease because you only have to screw in a light bulb and stick the stake through them and you are done. Very solid construction so I know these will last. I hope to convince my neighborhood association next year to promote these all through our neighborhood. I definitely advise you consider this product.
Best presentation & durability
Flic Luminaries are the absolute best. We put them out for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. These add a warm inviting look to your property on any occasion, we are going to start putting these out for all holidays. Our neighbors comment every year how great these look, I’m tempted to keep Flic a secret so my property looks the best! A wonderful investment. I am buying more!
expensive but real quality. wish they were cheaper because I would buy a lot more.
Finally feel like I won't have to ever buy more replacement luminaries. And they look great! Fast shipping, too.
I can't stop!
Ha... wish I could stop buying these! I seem to come back almost every year to buy more to extend the light show on our ranch. They're awesome and never wear out. My wife keeps saying BUY so I BUY!
These are the standard for Arizona. I see them everywhere and I love mine! Great job in making something of such high quality!
Can't believe it
I can't think of a better made product than these. I'm not worried about them making it through the 10 yr warranty. I've enjoyed looking at these at desert botanical gardens for more than a decade, proving to me they last as good as their reputation. All other luminaries are junk. These are real.
Had for many years
I owned these for probably a decade or so but left them behind at my last house so here to buy more. My last sets were still like new when I used them last year. I don't think these ever wear out. They last forever. And... I've had other luminaries. These look the best by a mile. The body is sculptured to look like a real paper luminary. The other ones I owned looked like cheap plastic. I highly recommend these!
** BUY THESE! You will NOT regret it! **
I have wanted these luminaries ever since we moved to New Mexico. They are a little pricey, so I have always talked myself out of it. I even had 6 sets of luminaries in my cart from one of the big craft stores (HL), and then I reminded myself that sometimes it pays to spend a little extra. I am SO GLAD I went with the FLIC luminaries!
I could afford three sets of the brown with green cord lights. I used a glue gun to adhere them to the top of our adobe house walls. (Two dollops the size of a nickle.) We have had 2 windstorms since we installed them, and the neighbors luminaries from that craft store - the ones made out of thin platic paper, have literally blown away or collapsed while my Flic luminaries are perfectly in place! They are gorgeous - I wish I could post photos! I plugged them into an extension cord that allows me to have them come on automatically by sensor, and set it to turn off in 6 hours. I never have to think about turning them on or off.
If you are sitting on the fence, buy as many of these Flic sets as you can afford, and do like me, and add more next year!
Perfect for our cemeteries!
Been using them for years. Great product! They never wear out!
These are the good ones
We bought our first sets almost 10 years ago when we lived in Arizona. Now we live in Texas and I needed more sets to expand our luminaries. We highly recommend this company and their luminaries.
like and would buy again
i am very happy with these luminaries and would recommend them for others. They look like they will last for many years of outdoor use. When I comparison shopped, nothing else was built as well or even close. The rest were paper or plastic fabric that shreds almost as quickly as paper. These cost more than paper but I shouldn't ever have to buy them again, so they are definitely worth the price.
Ordered these by mistake. Just wanted the paper lights. Sent them back and got my refund without a problem.
Look like paper bags, last forever!
I recently ordered more of these. Had my old sets for years, then moved to a house with a bigger exterior and needed more.
They last forever! I have ordered a couple extra light strings over the years, but the luminaries will out live all of us!
These are the real deal
I'm buying these for the second time. We used to own them and we sold them when we moved. Glad they are still being sold and I'm happy to support a company that makes the real deal.
Buy them and you won't be sorry!
Years of enjoyment!
We bought flic luminaries many years ago for our adobe-style home in Arizona and have been extremely happy with their good looks and the fact that they have held up so well. We have them permanently mounted around our home and keep them going all year long. You just can't find anything built to last these days so when you do find something it is worth commenting on.
Our traditional brown luminaries have always been a favorite choice by homeowners in the Southwest. These luminaries also closely resemble typical brown paper sacks that were originally used for luminaries. Many customers compliment the rich, earthy tones of these luminaries. Other obvious uses for brown luminaries include Christmas and other holidays, birthdays and weddings, country and traditional themed events, and really every use you can think of for our white luminaries!